rainy days in florida

30.7.15 noelle 0 Comments


It's been raining for almost a week and I'm completely in love with this weather. It may sound strange, seeing as Floridians are supposed to enjoy all things summer all year long. But that's never exactly been the case for me. Places like Forks and Seattle have always been the most appealing--and let's not forget about lovely England across the pond! I would move there in a heartbeat. 

Of course, it can be a bit depressing when the skies are so gloomy, but there are plenty of ways to pass the time and still enjoy yourself. One of my recent favorite rainy day activities is coloring. Yes, believe it or not I have become slightly (okay, maybe not so slightly) obsessed. It seems to be the new trend of the year.


Regardless of the fact that I look like a 6 year old furiously coloring my way to a stress-free day at Barnes and Noble, it's absolutely addicting. You can't deny that a cupcake as big as your face, dozens of Sharpies, and a few coloring books is the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon in the city.


And simply because I love making lists, here are some of my other rainy day fixes: 

- drinking hot chocoate (I don't care for tea very much) 
- listening to a jazz radio station, mainly stuff from the 40's or 50's 
- snuggling with my little pup 
- reading a book... or two 
- wearing rubber boots and splashing in the puddles
- having a Disney movie marathon (because what else should you watch?) 
- visiting the bookstore
- making chocolate chip cookies or pancakes​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments :