hello september

12.9.15 noelle 0 Comments


Another month has gone by and I'm sitting here in my bedroom, curtains drawn, twinkling lights plugged in, wondering where August went. Secretly, I'm smiling about the end of summer. Gone are the days of sunscreen and sweltering temperatures. (One can only hope.) You never really know what you're going to get in Florida, but being the winter-loving gal I am, I'm dreaming of a somewhat chilly next few months. (Of course, by "chilly" I mean upper 60's... But I'm not complaining.)

Though I happen to live in one of the hottest states in the country, it doesn't hurt to have options for the rare days it gets a bit chiller than the usual. In preparation for this year's cold spell, I recently purchased some cozy knits and sweaters for myself. (Some of the them even have little pockets!!) As unpractical as it sounds, I seem to have quite a few more long-sleeved items in my closet than not.


The long-time tradition of making comfort foods and drinking hot chocolate in adorable coffee mugs is about to begin and I'm dying of excitement. However, weather isn't the only thing to celebrate in the coming seasons. There are plenty of holidays, birthdays, and homecomings to enjoy. (I'm smiling just thinking about them!)


Until the wintery weather arrives, I'll be here in my fuzzy socks, pretending it isn't 88 and rising.


Have any chilly days appeared for you yet? Let me know and I'll be sure to live vicariously through your comment.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :